Supporting Students’ Progression to Russell Group Universities Part 1 & 2
As part of the ‘Opportunities to Flourish week' on 14th – 18th October, Waltham Forest is working with Advancing Access to offer training to teachers and Careers Leaders from all colleges and secondary schools in Waltham Forest aimed at supporting students’ progression to the 24 leading universities included in the Russell Group. This partnership and training aims to increase the number of students from Waltham Forest being supported to aspire, apply and succeed in achieving places at Russell Group universities.
Read more about Advancing Access here: https://www.advancingaccess.ac.uk/about
The course will run in two parts.
Part 1 will cover:
- Higher education update
- Supporting students in making Key Stage 5 qualification and subject choices
- Supporting students to choose a university and course
- Understanding ‘Contextual admissions‘ policies
Part 2 will cover:
- How to support your students with personal statement writing
- Supporting students to prepare for interviews and additional admissions tests
- Writing effective UCAS references
Every college and secondary school in Waltham Forest is eligible to 1 free place on the programme, which consists of two sessions. The second of which will take place during Careers week in March 2020. Attendees are encouraged to attend both sessions.