News in Brief
- Emotional Literacy Support Assistant (ELSA) training - Autumn 2017
- Exciting opportunity for schools in Waltham Forest to get involved in 3FF’s interfaith Linking programme
- Key Times Certificate in Developing Practice and Provision for 0-3 year olds
- KS1 Writing Moderation Training - Thursday 27th April 2017, 9:30am-3:30pm
- FAO Early Years PVI settings - upcoming training on completing the EYFS Profile
- Primary Assessment - end of March update
- Brake 'Supporting suddenly bereaved children and young people' seminar - Tuesday 18th July 2017
- Invitation to Phonics Training - Tuesday 25th April 2017, 1.30pm-4.00pm
- All Talk Communication Project Training Dates - Summer 2017
- Condition Data Collection Programme - Waltham Forest schools to be surveyed
Primary Assessment - end of March update
A summary of the update sent on 28 March 2017 from the Standards and Testing Agency.
KS1 Writing Moderation Training - Thursday 27th April 2017, 9:30am-3:30pm
New and experienced KS1 Teachers engaged in the moderation of Writing are invited on Thursday 27th April 2017 from 9:30am-3:30pm to St Joseph's Catholic Infant School, Marsh Lane, London E10 7BL for a one-day training event.
Condition Data Collection Programme - Waltham Forest schools to be surveyed
The EFA has now publicised the first tranche of schools to be surveyed as part of their nationwide programme. The EFA's Surveyors are proposing to undertake these surveys between March 2017 and September 2017 and will contact schools direct.
Invitation to Phonics Training - Tuesday 25th April 2017, 1.30pm-4.00pm
The session is aimed at those new to year 1 and 2 who will be administering the phonics screening check for the first time. Experienced year 1 and 2 teachers who want to refresh their skills and knowledge of the phonics screening check are also welcome.
FAO Early Years PVI settings - upcoming training on completing the EYFS Profile
If you have Reception-aged children in your setting (these are funded children who will be 5 years old between May and August 2017), the EYFS Profile will need to be completed.
Operation Encompass - we need schools to get involved!
Waltham Forest Council in partnership with Waltham Forest Police, are requesting the participation of primary & secondary schools in Operation Encompass, to support and strengthen our early help offer to children affected by family violence.
Applications open for School Business Manager Bursaries
As part of the Universal Offer for 2016-17 School Business Managers are invited to apply for bursaries of up to £1,500 to support their CPD. Applications for bursaries will be open until 30th June 2017.
All Talk Communication Project Training Dates - Summer 2017
The All Talk team are pleased to announce some additional training dates for the Summer Term. Book now for the chance to attend one of their exciting courses.