Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural (SMSC) Development
To develop a common understanding of what spiritual, moral, social and cultural [SMSC] development means, how the school can promote agreed SMSC values and ethos and how Ofsted inspectors will explore its success during inspection.
• To explain the individual strands of SMSC and implications for the school
• To review Ofsted guidance on SMSC, linking this to what inspectors will look for during inspection
• To clarify the role of the SMSC co-ordinator
• To provide guidance on developing an effective SMSC policy
• To provide guidance on gathering perceptions of SMSC through a questionnaire for parents/carers and the pupil voice
• To provide guidance on evaluating current provision and planning next steps
What is SMSC?
What does it look like?
Governors will understand:
Why is it important?
How we fit SMSC into what you already do?
What questions governors should be asking?
How Ofsted will evaluate SMSC ?
Bookings will be taken through the WF Online system and will continue to be taken by the normal channels.
Bookings can be made by phone or email or at your Governing Body meeting.
Should you require further information please contact
Governor Services on 020 8496 6351 or Email: email@example.com