Maintaining Audiological Equipment
It is important for those students who use hearing aids, personal FM systems and soundfield systems that equipment is working and maintained. Some families may also require support in ensuring that audiological equipment is fully functional.
It is also important that school staff know the procedure should equipment fail during the school day. It is vital that staff report any issues with hearing aids or audiological equipment as soon as possible.
The workshop will be an opportunity for staff to familiarise themselves with the audiological equipment supplied by our service and the clinic.
The workshop will cover the following elements:
• Parts of the hearing aid
• Checking hearing aids are working
• Checking the batteries and changing them
• Checking that the hearing aids are in the correct ear
• Checking moulds are fitted properly and to recognise when they are damaged
• Changing tubing
• Troubleshooting the radio aid (FM system)
• What to do when problems can’t be resolved
• Who to contact for advice and support