Governor Induction Part 1 (split over 2 days)
This two part course will cover various aspects of your new role as a school governor and provide you with the information and tools to enable you to attend meetings and provide appropriate support and challenge.
There will be opportunities for discussion and sharing of good practice throughout both sessions.
The course is designed to:
• Enable governors to identify and understand the three core strategic functions of governing bodies;
• Enable governors to have a clear understanding of their individual and collective roles and responsibilities;
• Review what an effective governing body is and your role in achieving this effectiveness;
• Provide clarity of the strategic role of governors;
• Identify appropriate methods of holding school leaders to account for the school’s performance;
• Facilitate group discussion of ways in which governing bodies are accountable;
• Highlight the importance of attendance at governor training, governing body meetings and link visits to the school;
• To engender confidence in participants so that they are able to fulfil their role as governor effectively.
Please bring copies of your school self-evaluation statement/ school development plan and if possible a recent Headteacher’s report for reference.
This course will provide governors with a good level of knowledge to enable them to participate in governing body meetings and provide appropriate support and challenge.
Bookings will be taken through the WF Online system and by the normal channels.
Bookings can be made by phone or email or at your Governing Body meeting.
Should you require further information please contact
Email: email@example.com or contact Governor Services on 020 8496 6351.