Finance: Ensuring Robust School Financial Management- Setting School Budgets
Ensuring Robust School Financial Management: Setting School Budgets
In the current climate all schools are facing financial challenges. This programme of three courses has been designed to increase governor’s knowledge of steps to take to ensure their schools benefit from robust financial and resource management.
Governors are encouraged to attend all three to build up an all-round overview of the school’s financial cycle.
TTo provide all school governors with:
• Information on their Individual School Budget Shares for 2020-21
• an understanding of the difference between delegated and devolved funding and what their purposes are
• an understanding of how to best use benchmarking and key performance Indicators (KPIs) when setting the budget
• guidance on how test whether the budget supports the School Development Plans (SDPs)
• information on Access Education Budgets (software provided for free to all maintained schools to help create accurate budgets and budget forecasts)
• guidance on what to do if the school is unable to set a balanced budget
Bookings will be taken through the WF Online system and will continue to be taken by the normal channels.
Bookings can be made by phone, email or at your Governing Body meeting.
Should you require further information please contact
Email: email@example.com or contact Governor Services on 020 8496 6351.