Taking the chair –
This course focuses on the following key areas and responsibilities:
• Organising the work of the governing body
• Developing a productive relationship with the Headteacher or Principal
• Effective management of meetings
• The key legal procedures and powers that the Chair needs to know
• Dealing with difficult situations at meetings
• Developing the governing body as a team
The course will include looking at some of the sources of guidance, documents and tools relevant to the role of the Chair and how these can assist in developing the governing body.
Please bring a recent governing body meeting agenda and minutes. Also details of the membership and structure of any committees or working parties of the governing body.
The Chair has a vital role to play in ensuring the effective running of the governing body. This is done by providing a clear lead in organising the governing body’s work and maintaining a positive relationship with the school’s senior leadership.
Bookings will be taken through the WF Online system and will continue to be taken by the normal channels.
Bookings can be made by phone or email or at your Governing Body meeting.
Should you require further information please contact
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Governor Services on 020 8496 6351.