Supporting emotional well being in adolescents
• The Mental Health continuum
• Depression (possible causes, signs and symptoms)
• Anxiety (possible causes, signs and symptoms)
• Self Harm (possible causes, signs and symptoms)
• Psychosis (possible causes, signs and symptoms)
• Basic steps to supporting mental health needs
The first part of the training session focusses on the definition of mental health and explores attendees understanding of the mental health continuum.
The second part looks at 4 areas of mental health difficulties, their presentation in adolescents and young people and how adults might be able to provide appropriate basic support.
By the end of this session, attendees will have an understanding of a range of mental health needs experienced by adolescents and an understanding of strategies enabling them to support adolescents experiencing mental health difficulties.