Sensational SEND - Music CPD Training/Workshop
The value of music in a SEND setting is well established. This workshop will energise your use of music to support work in the SEND classroom and help promote inclusion for SEND pupils in a mainstream class. This workshop is provided through a partnership between Waltham Forest Music Education Hub and the Cultural Education Partnership for Borough of Culture 2019 and is funded by Challenge London.
We are delighted to invite you to a workshop with Art of the Ark.
Central to this training is the belief that you do not have to be a musician to teach music – you just need to be passionate about your students having a great time in their learning.
We will show you some adapted Out of the Ark Music songs that you can use across the curriculum as well as ideas for maximising sensory input and facilitating processing time. This workshop is perfect for those working with students who are sensory learners and need more assistance and time in their learning.
You will receive guidance on:
- Delivering interesting and exciting SEND-appropriate lessons, sessions and moments
- Discovering how to use our bodies to reinforce learning
- Using available senses to explore the world around us through song
- Developing a range of strategies to create an inclusive environment for SEND learners in a mainstream setting
- Developing the knowledge and confidence to apply a sensory learning approach, and adapt resources to suit the needs of learners
Time permitting, the workshop will also include:
An introduction to Words on Screen™, our easy-to-use software, which guarantees that any teacher, no matter what their musical ability, will feel confident teaching songs and delivering great-quality music resources across the school curriculum.
This course will energise your use of music to support work in the SEND classroom and help promote inclusion for SEND pupils in a mainstream class.