School Attendance Workshop
In order to support schools to improve attendance the London Borough of Waltham Forest is hosting a free “School Attendance Workshop”. School employed (no private organisations) attendance leads are invited to sign up to one of the two workshops taking place on Monday 26th June and Monday 3rd July 2017.
Whilst a full agenda will be circulated closer to the date, the school attendance workshops will include policy, guidance, referral processes and good practice examples on the following areas:-
- LBWF Attendance Policy
- Notices of Parental Responsibilities and Penalty Notices
- School Attendance Panels (SAP’s)
- Court processes
- School Attendance Orders (SAO’s)
- Children Missing Education (CME) and Children Missing from Education (CMfE)
- Elective Home Education (EHE) - School requirements when a parent/carer elects to home educate their child.
The local authority leads for all of the above areas in addition to admissions personnel will be in attendance. There will also be the opportunity for schools to raise issues and ask questions directly with the service area leads.