Safeguarding & Threshold workshop for PVI’s and Childminders
This workshop is designed to help those working with children in the early years to understand their safeguarding responsibilities, thresholds and referral procedures. The workshop will outline the national statutory guidance as it applies to childcare along with the Think Family principles that inform the work we do with families in Waltham Forest.
By attending the workshop you will:
• Be able to demonstrate understanding of responsibilities to safeguard children
• Be able to identify vulnerable children and young people as early as possible
• Be able to identify the threshold criteria of different levels of intervention and the referral process
• Be equipped to work in a coordinated way to help children before things reach to a crisis point.
• Be able to identify the reasons for changes in legislation and policy
• Be able to apply new learning in respect of the lessons of Serious Case Reviews and the impact of them upon practice
• Be able to complete Our Family Journey Assessments, Team around the family meetings and Request for Help and Support forms.
The workshop will be provided free of charge. In the event that you book a space and do not attend you will be charged the full cost of the course £100.00