Safeguarding Children with SEND
"Fish Can't See the Water"
This interactive session builds insight into better co-production between families, educational settings and services using:
• The Care Act 2014
• The Children & Families Act 2014
• The Equality Act 2010
• The SEND Code of Practice 2015
This course will provide an overview of the current SEND system and provide delegates with an understanding of SEND, the role of the SENCO and the law that exists to protect vulnerable children and ensure that you are providing an inclusive education for all children. The complex network of systems supporting children can make it difficult to see what's important and what change means to each of us. "Fish Can't See The Water" recognises that everyone has their own 'normal' and that good services enable people to identify their needs and to move from 'doing' to 'being'.
The session will provide:
• understanding of how, when and where education, health and social care connect in transition throughout the different stages and ages of children with SEND
• the 'plus one' approach to interpreting social situations and choices for children with additional needs
• definitions and examples of SEND
• recent messages from Tribunals and Courts on children's needs and rights under the law