Safeguarding and Child Protection Training for Childminders
Understanding roles and responsibilities of Childminders in safeguarding children and meeting statutory obligations in keeping children safe
• Roles and Responsibilities of Childminders for safeguarding and protecting children
• Meeting Ofsted Requirements: What needs to be in place in my setting?
• Sharing good practice: What works well in developing systems and procedures
• The legal framework for safeguarding and the requirements of EYFS
• Knowledge of types of abuse and possible indicators
• The thresholds for intervention and making referrals
• Best practice in responding to concerns, managing disclosures, recording and information sharing
• What happens following a referral
• Learning from reviews and understanding safeguarding risks
• Safer working practice and managing allegations against professionals
If driving, please ensure you leave enough time to find a car parking space as these are very limited in the immediate area. Also, as a courtesy to other attendees and the training lead, please arrive in good time for a prompt start - if you arrive more than 15 minutes late you may not be admitted and you may be charged the full cost of the course (£50).
To enable Childminders to become familiar with key areas of responsibility in relation to safeguarding and protecting children and to develop competence and confidence in carrying out their role
For all queries please email Safeguardingineducation@walthamforest.gov.uk
The cost of the course (£50) is inclusive of refreshments. Attendees will need to bring a packed lunch or make their own arrangements at lunchtime.
Note: If you are unable to attend the course after booking and cannot send a substitute, please ensure that you inform us of this at least 5 working days prior to the course so we may offer your place to somebody else. Failure to do so will result in your setting being charged the full cost of the course (£50).