Safeguarding and Child Protection Refresher Training for Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSLs) in Early Years
This half day course provides an opportunity for designated leads to refresh knowledge and understanding of their role and responsibilities in line with statutory guidance and explore topical issues in safeguarding. Please note that if you are new to the role or have not undertaken training for DSLs in the last 2 years then you are advised to attend the full day DSL training.
• Responsibilities of the Designated Safeguarding Lead
• Meeting Ofsted Requirements: What needs to be in place in my setting?
• Sharing good practice: What works well in developing systems and procedures
• Update on the legal framework for safeguarding and the requirements of EYFS
• Refreshing knowledge of types of abuse and possible indicators
• The thresholds for intervention and making referrals
• Best practice in responding to concerns, managing disclosures, recording and information sharing
• The Child Protection Process: Case conferences and core groups
• Strategies to support staff and raise awareness
• Learning from reviews and understanding safeguarding risks
• Safer working practice in the Early Years
• Responding to allegations about people working with children
Please note that if you are new to the role or have not undertaken training for DSLs in the last 2 years then you are advised to attend the full day DSL training.
Please note – Managers & Deputies should not attend together.
If driving, please ensure you leave enough time to find a car parking space as these are very limited in the immediate area. Also, as a courtesy to other attendees and the training lead, please arrive in good time for a prompt start - if you arrive more than 15 minutes late you may not be admitted and you may be charged the full cost of the course (£50).
• Be reminded of the responsibilities of the Designated Safeguarding Lead
• Refreshed and updated knowledge of safeguarding and child protection
• Build confidence in carrying out the role
For specific information on the course please contact Rita Ali - Senior Child Protection & Safeguarding Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org
For queries on the booking process only please contact Howard Gladwin - Early Years Training & Quality Coordinator on 020 8496 5126.
The cost of the course (£50) is inclusive of refreshments.
Note: If you are unable to attend the course after booking and cannot send a substitute, please ensure that you inform us of this at least 5 working days prior to the course so we may offer your place to somebody else. Failure to do so will result in your setting being charged the full cost of the course (£50).