Return Home Interview Training
• Missing children and young people profile
• Safe and Well checks
• Return Home Interviews
• Opportunity to complete a Return Home Interview using the agreed Pro-Forma.
• Follow up - what support is available to children, young people and families locally and nationally.
“Independent Return Home interviews provide an opportunity to uncover information that can help protect children from the risk of going missing again, from risks they may have been exposed to while missing or from risk factors in their home” (Statutory guidance on children who go missing from home or care, 2014)
The course will cover:
• Why children and young people runaway and the risks they face while missing
• Different definitions of missing and the impact on the support given to children and young people.
• Detailed information about the Return Home Interview process
• Case Study based on a Serious Case Review of a missing young person
• Support available to children, young people and their families following a missing episode
Enhanced knowledge and understanding regarding The Return Home Interview process and why children and young people runaway.
Information and practical tools practitioners can use to complete Return Home Interviews.