Primary Assessment Update Training for Year 2 Teachers
This course will enable all Year 2 teachers to become familiar with:
• National statutory requirements for 2016/17
• A local perspective: Reflections on 2015/16 including good practice identified from schools receiving moderation visits
It will involve working with colleagues from other schools using:
• The Interim teacher assessment frameworks for the end of Key Stage 1
• Exemplification materials (published in 2016)
• KS1 Programmes of study
• 2017 Key Stage 1: Assessment and Reporting Arrangements (ARA)
• Teacher assessment moderation: Key Stage 1 requirements for schools and LAs
• Examples of children’s learning in writing and mathematics. For reading please be prepared to discuss sources of evidence used for assessment.
This is statutory training for all Year 2 teachers.
We will have the benefit of input from a highly experienced external trainer with many years expertise in primary assessment gained as a lead for Primary Assessment in Local Authorities and as a senior moderator for STA. As a result of the changes introduced last year and the developing practice around the new assessment requirements, the session is offered to both teachers experienced and those new to Year 2. The session will provide:
• National and local updates for 16/17;
• Input and an opportunity to reflect on practice and lessons learnt from 15/16;
• An opportunity to work with colleagues from other local schools to match examples of children’s learning in maths and writing to the published standards.
Awareness and knowledge of:
• The most up to date guidance on the requirements placed on schools and local authorities for 2016/17
• Local and national perspectives on the changes and examples of good practice and gaps identified from moderation visits
• A more secure understanding of the current standards and how to apply these to evidence of pupils’ learning.