Prevention and Early Intervention Mental Health training
This free two-day training has been commissioned by Waltham Forest CCG for those working with children and young people across Waltham Forest and is suitable for a variety of professionals including, but not limited to, school nurses, GPs, teachers, social workers and health visitors.
Day 1 will cover:
• How to identify children and young people (CYP) suitable to be referred to CAMHS.
• Measuring mental health and wellbeing in CYP.
• Introduction to using screening questionnaires with CYP to assess mental health needs.
• Self-harm assessment.
Day 2 will cover:
• Reflections on putting the toolkit and questionnaires into practice across different settings.
• Talking to CYP about their wellbeing.
• Children, families and schools: a systemic approach to young people’s behaviour.
• Mentalisation-Based Treatment approach to working with parents.
This two-day course is also being run on 15th September 2017 and 22nd September 2017 (these are the Day 1s), so please choose the date most suitable for you.