Phase 1 (Letters and Sounds) - Phonics Training for PVI settings
Introduction to the theory of Phase 1 and knowledge about phonological awareness and its importance in Early Years settings
What will the course cover?
- Knowledge about the Seven Aspects that form Phase 1 phonics teaching
- Details of practical strategies to introduce to young children
What are the planned outcomes for the delegate?
- Practitioners will become aware of the expectations of Phase 1 phonics
- Practitioners will be introduced to practical ideas and resources to carry out Phase 1 in their setting
- Practitioners will be introduced to a simple tracking system which forms part of the transition to school
The presentation used for this training course is available to download from this page if you are logged-in on The Hub or WF Online.