Past Events & Training
This meeting will provide practitioners with an opportunity to:
• share children’s observations and assessments across all 17 ELGs
• have a shared understanding of the 17 early learning goals and exceeding descriptors
• make accurate judgements relating to the EYFS profile ‘emerging,’ ‘expected’ and exceeding
levels of attainment
• build a professional dialogue relating to children’s learning and development.
Practitioners will develop an ethos of inclusion through discussion and observation of practice at Church Hill Nursery School. We will discuss our intentions and values regarding inclusion, our implementation of this practice discussing the possible obstacles to inclusion and the impact of moving away from purely 1:1 support for children. Developing a whole staff culture which is welcoming of children who need additional support and accepting of children with SEN.
Early Years System Support has designed as a training resource to provoke and support reflective dialogue and collaboration between early years Specialist Leaders of Education (SLEs) and settings leaders, around teaching and learning for nursery children, with the primary aim to enable leaders and their provisions to improve the quality of their provision, gaining successful good and outstanding Ofsted inspections through their strong and confident self-evaluation and development planning.
This reflective toolkit is designed to support a constructive, professionally collaborative process between the SLE and the setting (EYFS) leader, using this toolkit as a training tool during a 3-hour dialogue and learning walk in the provision.
This is a half-day session which will provide information and guidance on key statutory compliance requirements including safeguarding & welfare which will facilitate the delivery of a safe, high quality Early Years/childcare provision, as well as information regarding the financial processes / procedures providers will need to complete in order to claim payment for the provision of FEEE places
Delegates will also be provided with information regarding the process that providers must undertake in order to be commissioned by the LA to deliver the Governments free childcare scheme for 2,3 & 4 year olds
• Individuals looking to begin the process to register with Ofsted on the Early Years or Childcare Register
• Individuals who have begun the process to register with Ofsted on the Early Years or Childcare Register and have a proposed Ofsted registration number
• Individuals who are seeking to be commissioned by the LA to deliver the Government's free childcare scheme for 2,3 & 4 year olds. Known as the Free Early Education Entitlement (FEEE)
The making sense of autism training will giving you a better understanding and awareness of autism and the way it affects pupils in school.