Past Events & Training
- To ensure NQT tutors are informed of the statutory induction process, assessment procedures and standards and HEI Ofsted procedures regarding NQTs.
- To practise mentoring and coaching skills for NQT progress and moderated and consistent report writing.
- To ensure that NQT tutors are informed of support procedures and training opportunities and NQT Manager system.
As a self-employed childminder there are likely to be a number of things that you are unclear about with regards to your tax return to HMRC such as:
• How you register if you are trading under a business name and not your name
• What you need to do if you start to employ an assistant
• The deadline dates for submission of your tax returns
• What National Insurance you’ll pay
• How to keep records and budget for your first tax bill
• What kind of business expenses you can claim for
• How to claim tax relief when buying or improving things, for example, vehicles or equipment that you buy to keep in your business
The Digital Education Team at HM Revenue and Customs is offering free online educational support for childminders to answer these questions for you.
The date for their next live webinar for childminders, including a question and answer session, is Wednesday 7th September at 7pm-8pm.
- Welcome information.
- Dissemination of statutory induction process, assessment procedures and standards.
- Top tips from second year teachers, opportunity to reflect on training year and targets for NQT Year.
- NQTs informed of support procedures and training opportunities across the borough.