Multi-sensory Teaching approaches to addressing SPLD
Multi-sensory teaching approaches are the cornerstone of effective teaching for students with a wide range of literacy difficulties.
Multi-sensory strategies in the classroom are beneficial to all students and therefore can be implemented as a whole class teaching strategy.
There will opportunity at the workshop to explore and develop techniques that use a range of modalities (visual, auditory, kinaesthetic and oral) to develop learning from Key Stage 1-4.
• Using tactile learning to consolidate phonological skills.
• Neuro-linguistic approaches to learning spelling.
• How to use mind maps effectively to consolidate learning.
• Easy to implement sequencing activities.
• How to use flashcards to help students to retain information.
• Active reading approaches.