Level 4 School Business Professional Apprenticeship Programme
’The new level 4 School Business Professional Apprenticeship Standard is now open for applications.
This is a school based higher apprenticeship that schools can offer to existing staff keen to upskill and take the next step in their career or those new to role with a strong business skills background. The apprenticeship training is also suitable for school business professionals and others in school support roles including senior administrators, school office managers, finance officers, bursars, HR managers.
Participants will gain the skills, knowledge and competences required to administer and support or manage the financial, site and support services within the school and provide essential support to school leadership teams, implementing their financial and business decisions.
The next induction will take place on Wednesday 6th February 2019 @ 14:00 at Queens Road Learning Centre, 97 Queens Road, E17 8QRnticeship is suitable for existing employees looking to take the next step up in their career or those new to role with a strong business skills background and supports succession planning.
• Whole day professional development sessions involving face to face delivery
• Monthly 1-2-1 support and contact from a coach assessor
• Takes 18 months to 2 years to achieve
• Completion of a portfolio and workplace project before taking end point assessment
• Level 4 School Business Professional is mapped to the latest ISBL Professional Standards
• Maths and English level 2 qualifications are required to achieve this apprenticeship
• WFALS provide an end to end service through a dedicated WFALS Account Manager to support line managers and participants
• Regular progress reviews involving the line manager, WFALS Account Manager and participant
Benefits for participants:
• Develop skills, knowledge and competence to manage resources within a school more efficiently, effectively and sensitively
• Develop your understanding of the purpose of business management in a school context
• Learn to evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of business management operations within your school
• Understand the nature of school business management
• Links to the NASBM Professional Standards
Benefits for School:
• Professional school business staff which will enhance your school
• Managers who understand the importance of their role and its scope
• Allows head teachers to focus on teaching, learning and student attainment
• Helps to develop your school business team and gain specialist expertise in financial resource management, administration, ICT, HR and Facilities Management.
The training will be fully funded from the local authority apprenticeship levy account for local authority schools. All schools that pay the apprenticeship levy will be able to use their apprenticeship levy to cover the costs of the training. There are government subsidies to cover 90% of the training costs for non-levy paying schools or organisations.
Participants will achieve a Level 4 School Business Professional Apprenticeship Standard awarded by the Institute Of Apprenticeships. The programme includes the option to achieve the ILM Level 4 Diploma for School Business Managers accredited by the Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM), a member of the City & Guilds Group. ILM credits are recognised by a variety of awarding bodies, including some HEIs, so they may count towards a range of other qualifications.
Successful participants will be eligible to become a Full Member of the Institute of School Business Leadership (ISBL – formerly National Association of School Business Management) upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
To apply for this programme or to request more information please email your name, job title, contact details and the name of the programme you are interested in to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be contacted within 48 hrs by a member of the recruitment team who will assist you further.
If you prefer to speak to us then please call Harpal Rull or Andrea Creary on 07740 046 122