HENRY Healthy Start in Childcare
A one day course providing:
• Practical information about nutrition and activity for young children
• Tools to manage behaviour for physical and emotional wellbeing
HENRY Training is underpinned by the latest research into the complex factors that protect against, or lead to obesity. This course recognises that childcare settings play a vital role in providing a healthy start for young children and enables staff to:
• Adopt a consistent approach and model a healthy lifestyle to young children in their care
• Develop their knowledge about healthy meals, snacks and portion sizes for young children.
• Understand the value of active play
• Manage behaviour and build self-esteem, so that children start school emotionally prepared and ready to learn.
• Understand the risk and protective factors associated with child obesity and the importance of parents as agents for change
• Have the knowledge and confidence to provide a healthy environment for the children in their care in relation to the 5 elements d a health start in life; behaviour management, mealtime and snack routines, nutrition, physical activity and emotional well-being.
• Know how to provide balanced , healthy snacks and meals and age appropriate portion sizes
• To be able to model healthy eating habits, responsive feeding and mealtime behaviours to the children in your care
Understand why and how to limit screen time and encourage physical activity What will attendees gain as a result of attending this training session/event?