*Healthy Start in Childcare for PVIs*
What will the course cover?
A full-day course for Early Years PVIs covering the following:
• Why we focus on a healthy start for babies and toddlers
• Looking at eating and activity habits
• Exploring a balanced diet, portions and portion sizes
• Understanding behaviour and strategies to manage this behaviour
• Top tips for achieving good oral health
This course recognises that childcare settings play a vital role in providing a healthy start for young children and will enable staff to:
• Adopt a consistent approach and model a healthy lifestyle to young children in their care
• Develop their knowledge about healthy meals, snacks and portion sizes for young children
• Understand the value of active play
• Manage behaviour and build self-esteem so that children start school emotionally prepared and ready to learn
Logged-in users can download the attached pre-course information and overview flyer.
• Each practitioner who completes this course will receive a certificate to acknowledge their learning. The course is accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH)
• Practitioners will understand what constitutes good nutrition for young children and age-appropriate portion sizes
• Practitioners will understand the importance and benefits of active play
• Practitioners will be better equipped to manage behaviour and build the self-esteem of children in their care
• Practitioners will be able to communicate with and support other staff in Early Years settings around role-modelling a healthy lifestyle, providing healthy foods and drinks, encouraging active play and managing behaviour
For specific information on the course please contact Hazel Grassie - Healthy Weight Practitioner at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07720 090923.
For queries on the booking process only please contact Howard Gladwin - Early Years Training & Quality Coordinator at email@example.com or on 020 8496 5126.