*Healthy Start in Childcare for Childminders* - this replaces the 29 April 2017 course
What will the course cover?
A full-day course for Childminders covering the following:
• Why we focus on a healthy start for babies and toddlers.
• Looking at eating and activity habits.
• Exploring a balanced diet, portions and portion sizes.
• Understanding behaviour and strategies to manage this behaviour.
• Top tips for achieving good oral health.
This course recognises that Childminders play a vital role in providing a healthy start for young children and enables staff to adopt a consistent approach and model a healthy lifestyle to young children in their care. Attendees will develop their knowledge about healthy meals, snacks and portion sizes for young children, understand the value of active play and manage behaviour to build self-esteem so that children start school emotionally prepared and ready to learn.
Logged-in users can download the attached pre-course information and overview flyer.
• Each practitioner who completes this course will receive a certificate to acknowledge their learning. The course is accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH).
• Practitioners will understand what constitutes good nutrition for young children and age appropriate portion sizes.
• Practitioners will understand the importance and benefits of active play.
• Practitioners will be better equipped to manage behaviour and build the self-esteem of children in their care.
• Practitioners will be able to communicate with and support other staff in early year’s settings around role-modelling a healthy lifestyle, providing healthy foods and drinks, encouraging active play and managing behaviour.
For specific information on the course please contact Hazel Grassie - Healthy Weight Practitioner at email@example.com or on 07720 090923.
For queries on the booking process only please contact Howard Gladwin - Early Years Training & Quality Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org