*Healthy Start in Childcare*
What will the course cover?
A one day course for Day Care staff and Childminders providing practical information about nutrition and physical activity for young children and tools to help manage behaviour for physical and emotional well-being.
This course recognises that childcare settings play a vital role in providing a healthy start for young children and will enable staff to:
• Adopt a consistent approach and model a healthy lifestyle to young children in their care
• Develop their knowledge about healthy meals, snacks and portion sizes for young children
• Understand the value of active play
• Manage behaviour and build self-esteem so that children start school emotionally prepared and ready to learn
• Each practitioner who completes this course will receive a certificate to acknowledge their learning
• Practitioners will understand what constitutes good nutrition for young children and age-appropriate portion sizes
• Practitioners will understand the importance and benefits of active play
• Practitioners will be better equipped to manage behaviour and build the self-esteem of children in their care
• Practitioners will be able to communicate with and support other staff in Early Years settings around role-modelling a healthy lifestyle, providing healthy foods and drinks, encouraging active play and managing behaviour