FREE Teaching Cooking Confidently Training
The aim of the training is to share practical teaching tips and ideas and enhance participants’ confidence to lead cooking activities with children and families in the
primary school setting.
By the end of the session, participants will have;
• Considered the value and place of cooking activities in the primary curriculum and as part of a whole school approach to healthier food
• Reviewed the Food For Life food education award criteria
• Gained up to date information about health & safety issues
• Explored a range of classroom organisation and teaching techniques for manageable and effective practical lessons
• Practised a progressive approach to teaching food preparation skills
• Had the opportunity to ask questions
Lunch will be provided, made by participants as part of the course.
Time: All sessions run 9:00-3:15pm
Venue: Enrichment Centre (Bridge Site), Woodside Primary Academy, Barrett Road, Walthamstow, London, E17 3ND