Dummy course - Governor Induction Part 1
This course will provide governors with a good level of knowledge to enable them to participate in governing body meetings and provide appropriate support and challenge.
This two part course will cover various aspects of your new role as a school governor and provide you with the information and tools to enable you to attend meetings and provide appropriate support and challenge.
There will be opportunities for discussion and sharing of good practice throughout both sessions.
The course is designed to:
• Enable governors to identify and understand the three core strategic functions of governing bodies;
• Enable governors to have a clear understanding of their individual and collective roles and responsibilities;
• Review what an effective governing body is and your role in achieving this effectiveness;
• Provide clarity of the strategic role of governors;
• Identify appropriate methods of holding school leaders to account for the school’s performance;
• Facilitate group discussion of ways in which governing bodies are accountable;
• Highlight the importance of attendance at governor training, governing body meetings and link visits to the school;
• To engender confidence in participants so that they are able to fulfil their role as governor effectively.