Complex Needs and Participation
This one day session focuses on training for staff in specialist settings who support pupils on the autism spectrum who have complex needs. It aims to deepen participants’ understanding of autism and ways in which they can support pupil participation, including development of their personal and EHC Plans.
The training will:
• Enable practitioners to extend their understanding of autism in relation to pupils with complex needs
• Provide practical strategies to support practitioners as they develop their knowledge, skills and understanding of effective autism practice
• Enable practitioners to reflect on and evaluate their own practice in relation to EHC planning for pupils with complex needs.
This session covers similar ground to the ‘extending and enhancing good autism practice’ module but is more focused on practitioners working with school-age pupils on the autism spectrum with complex needs in specialist settings.
All course attendees will receive access to the AET Tools for Teachers online resource, worth £29.99. This includes:
• 44 individual specially designed tools, grouped under six sections
• A hard copy 16-page how-to guide detailing all 44 tools and how to use them
• A code to access all of the resources online
Price: £95 to attendees from Waltham Forest
£195 per delegate from other boroughs (including lunch and refreshments)
To Book – Please complete booking form and return to Louise Langsworthy: firstname.lastname@example.org