Childminder Drop-in Training– PREVENT Training (Session One)
This stands for Workshop to Raise Awareness of Prevent. This will a half hour overview, intended for anyone who has little knowledge of the Prevent agenda but who works in communities with potentially vulnerable individuals
The aims of the workshop are to:
• Gain an overall understanding of the Prevent agenda and new Duty and your role within it
• Develop your existing expertise and professional judgement to recognise individuals who may be vulnerable to radicalisation
• Receive a clear picture of the risks and threats both nationally and at a local level
• Develop knowledge and confidence to address grievances and misconceptions.
• Gain a raised awareness of the key issues and how these can be tackled
Increase your setting’s capacity to support individuals and the local authority's safeguarding procedures
This training will take place during the usual Childminder Drop-in session and will be repeated twice. Please ensure you book on to the correct session – either session one or session two.
If you are attending with children it is YOUR responsibility to arrange with another Childminder/s to supervise your children while you are in the training. You will also need to ensure you have permission from every child’s parents for them to be supervised by another childminder while you are in the training.
In order to complete your booking you MUST fully fill in and return the additional information form to Khadeeja.Mehtar@walthamforest.gov.uk
If you fail to do this a minimum of 48 hours before the training you will not be able to take part.