Childminder Drop-in Training– Early Help Referral Process (Session Two)
The workshop will outline the national statutory guidance as it applies to childcare along with the Think Family principles that inform the work we do with families in Waltham Forest.
By attending the workshop you will:
• Be able to demonstrate understanding of responsibilities to safeguard children
• Be able to identify vulnerable children and young people as early as possible
• Be able to identify the threshold criteria of different levels of intervention and the referral process
• Be equipped to work in a coordinated way to help children before things reach to a crisis point.
• Be able to identify the reasons for changes in legislation and policy
• Be able to apply new learning in respect of the lessons of Serious Case Reviews and the impact of them upon practice
Practitioners will be well informed about their safeguarding responsibilities, thresholds and referral procedures
This training will take place during the usual Childminder Drop-in session and will be repeated twice. Please ensure you book on to the correct session – either session one or session two.
If you are attending with children it is YOUR responsibility to arrange with another Childminder/s to supervise your children while you are in the training. You will also need to ensure you have permission from every child’s parents for them to be supervised by another childminder while you are in the training.
In order to complete your booking you MUST fully fill in and return the additional information form to Khadeeja.Mehtar@walthamforest.gov.uk
If you fail to do this a minimum of 48 hours before the training you will not be able to take part.