Childminder Drop-in Training– Early Help: Our Family Journey Assessment Form (Session Two)
The workshop will outline the national statutory guidance as it applies to childcare along with the Think Family principles that inform the work we do with families in Waltham Forest
By attending the workshop you will:
• Be able to demonstrate understanding of responsibilities to safeguard children
• Be able to identify vulnerable children and young people as early as possible
• Be able to identify the threshold criteria of different levels of intervention and the referral process
• Be equipped to work in a coordinated way to help children before things reach to a crisis point.
• Develop understanding of Our Family Journey Assessment Form
Attendees will have an improved understanding of completing Our Family Journey assessment form.
This training will take place during the usual Childminder Drop-in session and will be repeated twice. Please ensure you book on to the correct session – either session one or session two.
If you are attending with children it is YOUR responsibility to arrange with another Childminder/s to supervise your children while you are in the training. You will also need to ensure you have permission from every child’s parents for them to be supervised by another childminder while you are in the training.
In order to complete your booking you MUST fully fill in and return the additional information form to Khadeeja.Mehtar@walthamforest.gov.uk
If you fail to do this a minimum of 48 hours before the training you will not be able to take part.