Academy Structures and Governance
This course will clarify the differences for governing bodies that already are academies or are considering converting to an academy. It will focus on the differences in governance of academy schools and seek to answer the many questions that governors are likely to have as well as explaining the conversion process for those schools exploring becoming an academy.
The Outcomes of the session:
• To explain the range of different structures of academy schools.
• To explain the roles and responsibilities of Members, Directors and Trustees.
• To outline the different governance arrangements for each structure.
This course is not intended to promote conversion to academy status or any one model but to support schools in considering the implications of each academy structure model for their school.
The course will include the DFE’s latest views as detailed in the Academies Financial Handbook.
The course is appropriate for governors of existing academies who wish to understand more the different structure and also for governors of those schools who are converting to an academy or joining an academy chain in the future.
This course aims to give governors:
• An explanation of the governance structures in academy schools;
• An understanding of how these structures differ from maintained schools;
• Details on where further information can be obtained.
Bookings will be taken through the WF Online system and will continue to be taken by the normal channels.
Bookings can be made by phone, email or at your Governing Body meeting.
Should you require further information please contact
Governor Services on 020 8496 6351 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org