Events & Training
Useful classroom strategies for pupils with a diagnosis of PDA.
An ideal opportunity for governors to help schools in the budget setting
process and Financial Year End. This session will look at:
• Final funding allocations for 2018-19 for your school.
• How your school can set a robust budget.
• The year-end accounts closedown process.
• The year-end reports and how to question financial data.
This is a half-day session which will provide information and guidance on key statutory compliance requirements including safeguarding & welfare which will facilitate the delivery of a safe, high quality Early Years/childcare provision, as well as information regarding the financial processes / procedures providers will need to complete in order to claim payment for the provision of FEEE places
Delegates will also be provided with information regarding the process that providers must undertake in order to be commissioned by the LA to deliver the Governments free childcare scheme for 2,3 & 4 year olds
• Individuals looking to begin the process to register with Ofsted on the Early Years or Childcare Register
• Individuals who have begun the process to register with Ofsted on the Early Years or Childcare Register and have a proposed Ofsted registration number
• Individuals who are seeking to be commissioned by the LA to deliver the Government's free childcare scheme for 2,3 & 4 year olds. Known as the Free Early Education Entitlement (FEEE)
The training will:
- Enhance delegates' knowledge and understanding of good autism practice.
- Help delegates to question, evaluate and develop autism practice within their setting.
- Provide delegates with the tools to audit staff skills and identify training needs.
- Develop skills and knowledge so that delegates can support their organisation to meet/ exceed the requirements of external reviewers such as Ofsted and be compliant with legislative requirements.
The Programme will be delivered over two sessions each lasting 2 hours, the focus for session one will be:
Why have governing bodies?
What are the core functions of Governing bodies?
Governors and Ofsted school inspections
What are the employer responsibilities of governing bodies?
Who is responsible for what?
What does it mean to be a strategic board?
What is effective governance?
How do we know how well our school is doing?
A reflective project that translates child development theory and research into everyday practice, which will make a real difference to the emotional wellbeing and all round development of babies.
This course covers Free Early Education Entitlement (FEEE) options available to your setting and practical completion of the Parent Declaration Form to reflect your FEEE offer. The second part of the session is a practical demonstration of how to take the information from the Parental Declaration Form and transfer that across to the Early Years Provider Hub. Any issues or challenges that you have experienced with either of these processes will be unpicked and resolved at the training.
Networking forum for school DSLs to keep up to date on the latest safeguarding issues
Receive safeguarding updates and briefings
Network with other DSLs
Reflect on and share best practice
Meet the safeguarding partnership
Receive support and development for DSLs