Monica Frega - Policy & Governance Officer, Finance and Governance Group
Supporting schools to obtain best value for money
The Schools Procurement Manager will support schools with their procurement activities. Providing tools, seeking out savings opportunities and sharing knowledge. In addition the experienced Schools Procurement Manager can run and manage the complete tender or request for quotes process for your school's higher levels of spend including EU and collaborative opportunities.
Why is the Procurement Support Service important?
The Department for Education review of efficiency in schools stated that all schools should be working to make savings, spending their funds prudently and looking to make the most of their money in order to invest in teaching and learning. The Procurement Support Service enables schools to gain efficiencies by seeking out value for money, carrying out benchmarking of pricing, reviewing contracts and using Government framework agreements which have been competitively tendered and have been proven to deliver not only savings but time.
- Measurable cost saving opportunities
- Professional support and guidance
- Compliance with regulations
- Time saving
- Collaborative procurement opportunities
- Knowledge transfer
We offer a Tendering Support Service with either a Category or Procurement Manager to support you with the following;
• Compliance and spend review: to review existing contracts, quotations or tender process and identify exposure to risk and opportunities for savings. Ensure that you are buying goods and services from suitable providers and compliance to the Public Contracts Regulations 2015.
• Support and guidance: access will be given to toolkits and templates, contracts and frameworks, drafting tender documentation, issuing out via our e-tendering system, collating responses, facilitating the evaluation process to award.
• Contract and performance management: A review of existing arrangements is provided in order to develop strategies to lead on contract negotiations to deliver savings and/or ensure that providers are delivering what they said they would.
We also offer Procurement Training sessions suitable for staff involved in any aspect of purchasing goods and/or services, seeking quotations, running tenders or engaging with providers. The courses will provide an understanding of legal frameworks, an overview of contracting and an understanding of the rules and regulations that must be adhered to, in order to carry out all procurement activities, be legally compliant, achieve Value For Money and to satisfy auditors.