High quality music tuition, opportunities and events for young people
To book music tuition for 2017/18, please complete our order form and return it to us by Friday 7th July 2017. You can find the order form and more information about our service, in the attachments section of this page.
Waltham Forest Music Service (WFMS), working in partnership with Redbridge Music Service (RMS) as the North East London Music Education Hub (NELMEH), provides children and young people from all backgrounds with a wide range of music making opportunities. The service offers pupils the opportunity to learn an instrument, to learn to sing, to make music with others and to fulfil their potential in music.
Through partnership work with organisations including the London Symphony Orchestra, London Chamber Orchestra, Barbican and Guildhall School (of Music and Drama), children and young people also have the opportunity to hear and perform with professional musicians and other young people across the Hub in a range of settings.
The work of WFMS is linked to the National Plan for Music Education and the Ofsted report ‘What Hubs Must Do’. WFMS is required by Ofsted to monitor the quality of music provision in schools and to provide support where required.
- Pupils receive high-quality music education with routes for progression
- Pupils benefit from working with professional musicians and organisations
- Experienced practitioners will meet the individual needs of schools
- We will lead on the development of music programmes in schools and across the borough, and support the delivery of ambitious music plans
- Senior staff within the Music Service have up-to-the-minute access to the latest initiatives and developments in music education
- We are an ABRSM exam centre, and can support pupils through every stage of examination preparation
- We are also an Artsaward centre with staff who are assessors
- High-quality music education that fits the needs of your school
- A single point of contact for your school's music education
- Partnership working with highly-respected providers such as London Symphony Orchestra and the Barbican
- Advice and support including CPD to ensure that music education in your school meets Ofsted requirements
- A link to national music initiatives
- Inter-school showcases and music festivals
- Inspirational experiences for children and young people working alongside professional musicians
- All teachers are highly trained, performance managed and subject to rigorous recruitment processes and employment checks