A comprehensive, high quality legal service across a number of areas
Legal Services comprises approximately 30 lawyers providing a comprehensive, high quality service to the Council, Ascham Homes and the borough’s schools. We provide the following advice:
- employment law advice and representation at employment tribunals
- education law advice, including governance issues
- public law matters that cover a range of advice where a public body such as a school may be open to challenge, for example under the Equality Act 2010
- child protection and safeguarding
- information law and data protection
- advice on contractual and procurement issues
- advice and representation on all matters relating to litigation or threats of litigation by or against the school. This could be in relation to contractual disputes about goods and services provided to the school
- High quality legal service - we have held the Law Society’s external accreditation, Lexcel for the last 9 years
- All services are provided in accordance with performance standards
- A comprehensive training program for school clients at no extra cost
- Updates for Headteachers
We’ve provided training in employment, contract and public law over the last 12 months on topics such as:
EMPLOYMENT LAW - protected conversations, how to avoid an employment tribunal and early conciliation and settlement agreements.
CONTRACT LAW - setting up contracts, leasing agreements and contact litigation.
PUBLIC LAW - freedom of information and data protection and dealing with social media.
We also offer beneficial pricing models e.g. we don’t generate invoices for each call received. You have certainty in advance what your legal costs will be for the year.