Catering / School meals
Christine Cornall, Catering Manager – Operations
020 8496 8264 | Christine.Cornall@walthamforest.gov.uk
Provider of excellent quality, freshly cooked, tasty and nutritious school meals
The principal catering provider to schools within the London Borough of Waltham Forest, we currently provide school meals to 62 primary and secondary schools, Academies and Free schools, as well as servicing schools in neighbouring boroughs such as Haringey and Redbridge.
With an established team of over 300 commercially trained and fully vetted staff, WF Catering provide a high quality, cost effective and customer focused service that includes full absence cover.
Our freshly cooked Gold Standard school lunches provide on average one third of a child’s daily nutritional needs.
Schools and Academies buying into an SLA or Contract have adopted a co-operative approach to procurement of their school meals service. Benefits include:
- keeping the cost of school meals down through economies of scale
- standard unit cost charges per meal for participating schools and Academies across the 3 school groups i.e. primary, special, secondary, regardless of school size
- equality of access for all pupils to good quality, nutritious school meals
- service development initiatives that benefit all schools
- the opportunity to benefit from investment in school kitchen and dining room facilities through match funding
Proud to hold the Soil Association’s Food For Life Gold Catering Mark for our Primary School lunches and their Silver Catering Mark for our Secondary School Lunches.
What you can expect from our service:
- Tasty meals that are freshly cooked on site using high quality, fresh, raw ingredients
- Well-trained, fully vetted catering staff, ensuring a consistent and reliable school meals service
- Seasonally varied menus that meet School Food Standards, include full allergen information and nutritional analysis and can be tailored to meet the needs of your school’s diverse community
- Homemade pizza, bread, pastries, cakes and sauces using organic flour
- Organic beef, lamb and chicken all traceable back to the farm
- Sustainably sourced fish
- Unlimited veg and salad
- All desserts served with a choice of fresh fruit
- Set or bespoke menu options for events and functions
- Termly service review meetings with your Area Manager
Independent verification of standards means that schools, parents, children and young people can be confident that WFC school meals are excellent quality.
In addition to school meals, WFC can provide school function catering on request via the Cook Supervisor. WFC’s function menu provides set options to meet most school, academy and free school event requirements on a cost per person basis. Alternatively, WFC are happy to provide advice and individual quotes for bespoke catering for special events or to tailor any of our menus to meet specific needs.