About our service
SENDsuccess is the single Outreach Service for Waltham Forest. Funded by Waltham Forest Local Authority, and run by the combined Joseph Clarke and Whitefield Outreach service teams, our mission is to work in partnership with mainstream schools in the borough to ensure the successful inclusion of children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
This service supports pupils with visual impairment and mobility needs; hearing impairment; autism, learning and cognitive disabilities. Within the SENDsuccess team there are experienced teachers with specialist qualifications in SEND. We also have an ICT specialist and a habilitation specialist within the VI team and an audiological technician supporting deaf pupils.
What we offer
- Individual and whole-school training for new and established staff in a range of SEND areas.
- 1:1 support for specific sensory needs.
- Advice and support for schools and parents.
- Audiological equipment set-up and support for hearing impaired pupils.
- Advice on selecting and using the appropriate technology to support visually impaired pupils.
- Mobility support and training for visually impaired pupils from a qualified Habilitation Specialist.
- A dedicated website with up to date information and resources.
- An online referral system for parents/carers, schools and healthcare professionals.
- A dedicated email address and phone number for queries.
- A news and Twitter feed with updates on information that impacts the way that schools, parents and carers can support their children.
Benefits of using our service
- The single point of referral is designed to be simple and will ensure that all referrals to the service are considered in a timely, efficient and transparent manner.
- A resource bank of downloadable and online materials for mainstream schools, parents and carers is easily accessible and regularly updated on the SENDsuccess website.
- We are a local authority funded service and therefore free to schools within Waltham Forest.
phone: 020 8498 4249
Do you want to find out more about this service?
To find out more about this service, download any extra documents / resources associated with this particular service, or if you have specific needs that you would like to discuss, please login. You can then use the online query form to contact the service directly. The service will respond to your query within 5 working days.
If you do not have log in details, please register.