Tailored Training for those working in Schools - WFALS
About our service
We are Waltham Forest Council’s direct provider of adult education and work based training and we design courses to meet the training needs of your individual school.
If you have a group of staff that need training we will design a bespoke course specific to your organisation that can be run at a venue convenient to your staff. Courses are both generic, to support all staff, as well as specific to schools. Schools can select from the range of courses and create a programme to meet their own needs. We can also help you to complete an organisational needs analysis to identify training needs for individuals or groups of staff.
What we offer
This service will help you maximise the potential of all staff within your school, from caretakers to reception staff and teaching assistants to heads. We have a range of courses available in the following areas:
- Teaching and childcare
- Computer skills
- First aid and health & safety
- Care and childcare
- Skills for frontline staff
- Writing for work
Benefits of using our service
- We can help your school to achieve its specific organisational objectives and statutory requirements
- We can help you fulfil the individual needs of your staff
- Training is delivered in the borough, either at our state-of-the-art training facilities or on your own premises, minimising the amount of time staff spend out of the workplace
- Our service can help build the confidence and skills of your staff to help them make a bigger contribution to the smooth operations of the school
Steve Aiken - Marketing & Communication Officer
Waltham Forest Adult Learning Service
020 8496 2104
Do you want to find out more about this service?
To find out more about this service, download any extra documents / resources associated with this particular service, or if you have specific needs that you would like to discuss, please login. You can then use the online query form to contact the service directly. The service will respond to your query within 5 working days.
If you do not have log in details, please register.