Early Years Teaching, Learning and Assessment - Schools
About our service
Supporting Early Years phase in schools to ensure high quality teaching, learning, assessment and provision. Enabling schools to be effective in 'closing the gap' in attainment between the lowest and highest achieving children and enable all children to be 'school ready'.
What we offer
We are qualified teachers who are experienced in working in Early Years, across a range of PVI and maintained settings. We are experienced both operationally and strategically to support issues that schools may encounter. We provide a range of CPD training opportunities to enable practitioners to meet the ever changing demands of teaching, learning and assessment in education today, including planning, monitoring and reporting children's progress and attainment.
The Early Years TLA team provides for schools:
1. Two universal setting 'health checks' which will gather intelligence to inform further sector led support, including a range of professional development.
2. Preparation for Ofsted inspections.
3. Team around the setting (TAS) support in response to RI/I Ofsted outcome.
4. Range of up-to-date training and CPD opportunities.
5. Relevant and inspiring EYFS Conferences.
6. Termly Early Years Teaching and Learning Forums.
7. Resources available on the Waltham Forest digital platform – The Hub.
8. Assessment package, including support tracking children's progress and attainment;
a) robust baseline information
b) carrying out statutory 2 year old progress review
c) EYFSP moderation of progress and attainment at the end of Reception year.
d) Transition from PVI to schools (Starting School Together)
e) Transition policy and framework for children moving from EYFS to KS 1.
On site visits can be provided to support the school with new initiatives, specific whole staff inset/CPD (twilight and inset days) and Teaching and Learning walks through the provision. This will include a comprehensive written report and feedback.
Additionally, the TLA team has Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with;
1. Educational Psychology Service (EPs) who will provide;
a) assessment for SEND top-up funding
b) relevant training opportunities
c) provide access to digital platform
d) parent drop-in sessions
e) QA of interventions offered to children to support learning and progress.
Benefits of using our service
- We enable schools to meet the challenges of ensuring high quality provision, teaching and learning, effective assessment strategies, alongside robust pedagogy.
- We support school to school support and facilitate a strong community of EYFS practitioners.
Elisha Brett, Early Years Improvement Consultant (0-4 years)
07773 046 322
Do you want to find out more about this service?
To find out more about this service, download any extra documents / resources associated with this particular service, or if you have specific needs that you would like to discuss, please login. You can then use the online query form to contact the service directly. The service will respond to your query within 5 working days.
If you do not have log in details, please register.