About our service
The LADO is a statutory role outlined in Working Together to Safeguard Children, and provides advice and consultation where a manager or head teacher is concerned that the behaviour of a professional or volunteer may meet the threshold for a referral under the allegations procedure (see London Child Protection Procedures).
This is a statutory service, which is all council funded. Logged-in users can download below the LADO's introductory letter to schools and settings, explaining more about the service.
What we offer
- General advice about whether an incident or pattern of behaviour meets the threshold for referral
- Specific advice in relation to a particular incident where a professional or volunteer may have harmed a child, possibly committed a criminal offence against a child, or behaved towards a child in a way that indicates they may pose a risk of harm to children
- This can include incidents within the professional’s or volunteer’s home life
Benefits of using our service
- Advice and consultation on situations where there has been an allegation or concern raised about someone who works in, or is connected to, your school/organisation and has contact with children and young people.
- Where appropriate, guidance on what course of action to take. This includes external agencies using your premises, such as sports coaches, volunteers and support staff
|Please see the Waltham Forest Council website for further details of the LADO's role, as well as the referral form to use and other useful documents|
Gillian Nash - Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO)
020 8496 3646 / 07791 559 789
Donna Parke - Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO)
020 8496 8276 / 07854 238 759
Do you want to find out more about this service?
To find out more about this service, download any extra documents / resources associated with this particular service, or if you have specific needs that you would like to discuss, please login. You can then use the online query form to contact the service directly. The service will respond to your query within 5 working days.
If you do not have log in details, please register.