Statutory guidance and LA support
The induction process for newly qualified teachers (NQTs) is underpinned by statutory guidance and school leaders should have regard to this guidance when running their inductions.
Another Department for Education (DfE) guidance document schools should be aware of is Teachers' Standards. The Teachers’ Standards apply to all teachers completing their statutory induction period.
Waltham Forest Council has a dedicated NQT Coordinator who sits within the Schools HR team. She has produced a range of local guidance documents to help schools meet their statutory responsibilities with regards to the induction of NQTs. Logged-in users can download these documents below, which include:
- NQT handbook 2016-17
- LA Guidance for NQT Induction Tutors 2016-17
- DfE statutory guidance - Induction for newly qualified teachers (England) - click to download
- Secondary exemplar assessments – first, second and final
- Primary exemplar assessments – first, second and final
- Blank NQT Monitoring Pack 2013-2014
Download the documents from this page
Register on The Hub to download any documents/files that may be attached to this article - it's free and takes just a few moments. As a visitor to the site you can read the articles but not download any documents or files. However, as a registered user you can download any files, in addition to what is written on-screen.