Educational Psychology in the Early Years
In Waltham Forest the Educational Psychologists are part of our integrated partnership service which aims to provide support to teachers, practitioners and carers who have a concern about a child's emotional and/or behavioural development.
The service aims to:
- Support settings to promote inclusion and maximize learning opportunities for all children.
- Promote pro social behaviour and emotional wellbeing in young children.
- Work together with others in a holistic, solution-focused psychological way to improve outcomes for children.
- Empower practitioners to support parents/carers to support their children's emotional and social development.
This will be carried out through the provision of:
- Advice and practical strategies to support children.
- Training & workshops for staff (includes provision of digital platform & resources).
- Psychological advice on writing effective Education, Health and Care (EHC) plans
- Statutory advice during an assessment for an Education, Health and Care Plan
On this page, we will host resources that the Educational Psychology Service has produced for Early Years Practitioners. Logged-in users can download these resources at the bottom of the page:
- Developing Friendships
- Importance of physical play
- Mental Health
- Play Skills
- Rhymes, songs and playing with sounds
- School Readiness
- Social Stories
Join The Hub community
Join The Hub community to download any documents/files that may be attached to this article. As a visitor to the site you can read the articles but not download any documents or files. However, as a registered user you can download any files, in addition to what is written on-screen.