Early Years Teaching, Learning and Assessment - PVIs
About our service
Supporting Early Years in PVI settings to ensure high quality teaching, learning, assessment and provision. Enabling settings to be effective in 'closing the gap' in attainment between the lowest and highest achieving children and enable all children to be 'school ready'.
What we offer
We are qualified teachers who are experienced in working in Early Years, across a range of PVI and maintained settings. We are experienced both operationally and strategically to support issues that settings may encounter. We provide a range of CPD training opportunities to enable practitioners to meet the ever changing demands of teaching, learning and assessment in education today, including planning, monitoring and reporting children's progress and attainment.
The Early Years TLA team provides for PVI settings:
1. Two universal setting 'health checks' which will gather intelligence to inform further sector led support, including a range of professional development.
2. Preparation for Ofsted inspections.
3. Team around the setting (TAS) support in response to RI/I Ofsted outcome.
4. Range of up-to-date training and CPD opportunities.
5. Relevant and inspiring EYFS Conferences.
6. Termly Early Years Teaching and Learning Forums.
7. Resources available on the Waltham Forest digital platform – The Hub.
8. Assessment package, including support tracking children's progress and attainment;
a) robust baseline information
b) carrying out statutory 2 year old progress review
c) Transition from PVI to schools (Starting School Together)
On site visits can be provided to support the school with new initiatives, specific whole staff inset/CPD (twilight and inset days) and Teaching and Learning walks through the provision.
This will include a comprehensive written report and feedback.
The TLA team also have Service Level agreements with;
1. Educational Psychology Service (EPs) who will provide;
a) assessment for SEND top-up funding
b) relevant training opportunities
c) provide access to digital platform
d) parent drop-in sessions
e) QA of interventions offered to children to support learning and progress.
2. Speech and Language Therapy Service.
Additionally, the TLA Team have an agreement with the Area SENCO team who will support the setting SENCO, with children who may be a cause for concern in reaching their potential in learning.
Benefits of using our service
- We enable settings to meet the challenges of ensuring high quality provision, teaching and learning, effective assessment strategies, alongside robust pedagogy.
- We support setting to setting support and facilitate a strong community of EYFS practitioners.
Heather Rick, Lead Consultant (4-7 years) & EYFS Moderation Manager
07989 454 511
Elisha Brett, Early Years Improvement Consultant (0-4 years)
07773 046 322
Do you want to find out more about this service?
To find out more about this service, download any extra documents / resources associated with this particular service, or if you have specific needs that you would like to discuss, please login. You can then use the online query form to contact the service directly. The service will respond to your query within 5 working days.
If you do not have log in details, please register.