Early Years Teaching, Learning and Assessment - Childminders
About our service
Supporting Early Years Childminders (CM) to ensure high quality teaching, learning, assessment and provision. Enabling CM to be effective in 'closing the gap' in attainment between the lowest and highest achieving children and enable all children to be 'school ready'.
What we offer
We are qualified teachers who are experienced in working in Early Years, across a range of PVI and maintained settings and managing CM Development workers to support CM in the LBWF. We are experienced both operationally and strategically to support issues that CM may encounter. We provide a range of CPD training opportunities to enable practitioners to meet the ever changing demands of teaching, learning and assessment in education today, including planning, monitoring and reporting children's progress and attainment.
The Early Years TLA team provides Childminders with:
1. Range of up-to-date training and CPD opportunities.
2. Visits from CM Development workers, to facilitate supportive plans of action for future development.
3. Termly Childminder Forums.
4. Resources available on the Waltham Forest digital platform – The Hub.
5. Assessment package, including support tracking children's progress and attainment;
a) robust baseline information
b) carrying out statutory 2 year old progress review (if appropriate)
c) Transition from CM setting to schools (Starting School Together)
6. SEND support from link SENCO.
Benefits of using our service
- We enable CM to meet the challenges of ensuring high quality provision, teaching and learning, effective assessment strategies, alongside robust pedagogy.
- We support CM to come together through regular CM Forums to facilitate a strong community in the borough.
Heather Rick, Lead Consultant (4-7 years) & EYFS Moderation Manager
07989 454 511
Elisha Brett, Early Years Improvement Consultant (0-4 years)
07773 046 322
Do you want to find out more about this service?
To find out more about this service, download any extra documents / resources associated with this particular service, or if you have specific needs that you would like to discuss, please login. You can then use the online query form to contact the service directly. The service will respond to your query within 5 working days.
If you do not have log in details, please register.