Compliance with the EYFS
There are a range of different statutory requirements under the EYFS which early years providers MUST comply with. These requirements are detailed in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Statutory Guidance.
These requirements are broken down into 3 sections:
- Section 1: Learning and Development;
- Section 2: Assessment; and
- Section 3: Safeguarding and Welfare (which covers areas such as safeguarding, recruitment, health and safety, training and CPD, staff deployment, data protection, complaints and investigations, and Ofsted notifications).
Complying with all of these requirements can seem daunting. In order to assist early years providers, Waltham Forest Council has developed two self-assessment documents which extract from the EYFS statutory guidance the requirements that MUST be met.
Completing these self-assessment documents on a regular basis will enable you to:
- evaluate whether you are compliant with statutory requirements;
- identify where you are non-compliant;
- take the appropriate action to address areas of non-compliance; and
- ensure that there is clarity around functions and responsibilities that have been allocated to specific staff members, that they have sufficient training and experience or knowledge that allow them to fulfil these roles properly and that they are allocated sufficient time to fulfil these roles.
Logged-in users can download these assessment documents below:
- EYFS Section 1 and 2 'Musts' self-assessment - The Learning, Development and Assessment requirements
- EYFS Section 3 'Musts' self-assessment - The Safeguarding and Welfare requirements
Join The Hub community
Join The Hub community to download any documents/files that may be attached to this article. As a visitor to the site you can read the articles but not download any documents or files. However, as a registered user you can download any files, in addition to what is written on-screen.